GroundHog’s Day Package
Available: February, 2nd, 2014
Groundhog’s Day is an underappreciated holiday that is cherished here at the Berry Manor Inn as the day the Berry Manor innkeepers, Cheryl and Mike, were engaged to be married. Spend a wonderful night at the inn enjoying groundhog lore and watching the movie “Groundhog Day”. On the official Groundhog Day holiday you will have front row seats to watch Rockland’s own W. Chuck (woodchuck) Berry (the highly trained disciple of the all great weather prognosticator, Punxsutawney Phil) make his own prediction for Maine’s winter season. Start your own romantic Groundhog’s Day tradition with us at the Berry Manor Inn.
Come to Berry Manor Inn on Friday, February 1st to be here for the official Groundhog’s Day celebration on Saturday, February 2nd and be treated to:
- One night’s accommodations in Midcoast Maine’s only AAA four-diamond rated historic bed and breakfast inn and home to W. Chuck Berry, Maine’s largest groundhog;
- Celebrate the day with Groundhog shaped pancakes at breakfast;
- Enjoy an exclusive showing of the movie Groundhog Day, complete with cider, popcorn and warm groundhog shaped cookies in the evening;
- Remember the day with your keepsake Groundhog TY Beanie Baby®;
- Test your knowledge of Groundhog Trivia at Breakfast;
- Indulge in Groundhog candy made by our local chocolatier.
Special packages for the biggest Groundhog’s Day celebration in Maine are available from $170-$230 based on single or double occupancy.
Package must be booked in advance and cannot be combined with any other discounts or specials. Prevailing lodging taxes not included. Subject to Inn’s normal policies including 10-day cancellation policy.