A Real Maine Lobstah Package
Available July-Mid-October, 2014
Want an authentic Lobster experience?
Learn all about Maine’s favorite crustacean from the “trap to your lap” in Rockland Maine, the self-proclaimed “Lobster Capital of the World”. Rockland is home to the Maine Lobster Festival (August); Lobsterpalooza (September); the original Lobster Trap Christmas Tree featured on the TLC Channel; and where the lobster roll was actually invented! If you love lobsters than the Berry Manor Inn has just the package for you!
Start your day going out with a real Maine Lobsterman aboard the Capt. Jack lobster boat and learn all about setting traps, the rules of lobstering, the difference between soft and hard shelled lobsters, male and female lobsters and what’s with all of those different colored buoys! You can sit back and watch or get down and dirty and help the Captain set the traps.
Then on to a working lobster pound where you will enjoy an exclusive behind the scenes tour to learn what the process is for preparing those newly caught lobsters for market at one of the area’s oldest lobster pounds and end your afternoon by enjoying a freshly caught lobster dinner with all of the fixings right at a picnic table on the wharf. Ahhh, life is good!
Your lobster fantasy day ends with locally made lobster chocolates at turndown!
A Real Maine Lobster Luxury Package includes:
- Overnight accommodations in any one of our AAA Four Diamond rated guest rooms appointed with king or queen sized custom beds; flat screen TVs with DVD players; fireplaces; complimentary WIFI; individually controlled air conditioners and en-suite private luxury baths with candles, fluffy robes and many with whirlpool tubs and all of the amenities offered to all guests of the inn like concierge services and complimentary homemade pie.
- Two tickets for Capt. Jack’s Lobster Adventure cruise and two “Got Lobstah” t-shirts to commemorate the day.
- Reservations for an exclusive behind the scene tour of the area’s oldest working lobster pound.
- Lobster Dinner for two (you pick your lobster out) complete coleslaw, roll, chips, drink, dessert and bibs and served at picnic tables on the wharf.
- Two lobster chocolates at turndown!
Not enough lobster for you??
Consider a vacation during the 3rd Annual Lobsterpalooza Festival to be held September 14th through the 20th when all things lobster are celebrated throughout the region and culminate in the State’s largest Lobster Mac’ n Cheese contest on Saturday, September 20th , 2014.
Add on extra nights so that you will have time to eat more lobster. Ask your innkeeper to make reservations or give you directions to the local restaurants in town that serve up lobsters and lobster rolls and decide for yourself if you prefer soft or hard-shelled or mayonnaise in your lobster roll or not. Don’t forget to take pictures of your lobster fantasy day and post it to our Facebook page!
One night packages for two people range from $270 to $440 and will vary based on the reservation date and specific room choice. Advanced notice is required.
Package offered July through Mid-October. Please check with your innkeeper for specific dates as certain months it is illegal to lobster on Sundays. Specific dates will be subject to the inn’s normal minimum night stay and cancellations policies. Rates will vary based on reservation date and specific room choice. Applicable taxes not included in package price. Package must be booked in advance and cannot be combined with any other discounts or other promotional offers. Components of the package are contingent on the weather.