Who says global warming is a myth? Maine now has over 18 wineries in the state and 5 are right here in mid-coast Maine. One of the wineries grows 100% of their own grapes and several others are heading in that direction. Our guests will be picked up at the inn and chauffeured in a mini-coach to 3 of these wineries and artisan distilleries where you will enjoy tastings and tours that will take you through the wine making process from the vines to the glass. You will learn how the wineries plant and care for their grapes in the colder climate and short growing season of Maine and how many of the vineyards use blueberries, raspberries and apples with the grapes to create some wonderful wines. Enjoy lunch at the Cellardoor Winery overlooking the Camden Hills before you head back to the inn. To enjoy other wineries in the area we will give you a copy of the Maine Wine Trails and driving directions to the other two Midcoast wineries. Packages range from $220 to $405 per couple and will vary based on reservation date and specific room choice.
Nap-AH Wine Tour Package includes:
Overnight accommodations in any one of our AAA Four Diamond rated guest rooms appointed with king or queen sized custom beds; flat screen TVs with DVD players; fireplaces; complimentary WIFI; individually controlled air conditioners and en-suite private luxury baths with candles, fluffy robes and many with whirlpool tubs and all of the amenities offered to all guests of the inn like concierge services and complimentary homemade pie. Additional nights may be added.
- Wine Tasting Notebook with wine tasting terms, definitions and instructions on how to take a tasting note to help you enjoy the tastings like a pro.
- Two tickets to Midcoast Maine’s “Nap-AH Wine Tour” which includes pick up and drop off at the front door of the inn, driver service in a mini-coach to 3 local wineries, storage for purchases and complimentary snacks and bottled water. Wineries include Sweetgrass Winery and Distillery, Savage Oakes Winery and Cellardoor Winery.
- Voucher for lunch at Cellardoor Winery as part of the tour ($25 value).
- Driving map to the other local wineries in the area.
- Copy of the Maine Wine Guild map to all wineries in Maine.
Package offered late May through October, Monday through Fridays except for special events. Specific dates will be subject to the inn’s normal minimum night stay and cancellations policies. Rates will vary based on reservation date and specific room choice. Applicable taxes not included in package price. Package must be booked in advance and cannot be combined with any other discounts or other promotional offers.