Learn all about Maine’s favorite crustacean from the crate to your plate in Rockland Maine, the self-proclaimed “Lobster Capital of the World”. Rockland is home to the Maine Lobster Festival, the original Lobster Trap Christmas Tree featured on the Discovery Channel and where the lobster roll was actually invented. If you love lobsters than the Berry Manor Inn has the package for you! Start your day going out with a real Maine Lobsterman aboard the Capt. Jack lobster boat and learn all about setting traps, the rules of lobstering, and the difference between soft and hard shelled lobsters and what’s with all of those different colored buoys! You can sit back and watch or get down and dirty and help to set a trap yourself. Then on to a working lobster pound where you will learn what the process is for preparing those newly caught lobsters for market and where you can even make arrangements to purchase fresh lobsters to ship home. End your afternoon by enjoying a whole lobster right from the water with all of the fixings right on the wharf! Your lobster fantasy day ends with locally made lobster chocolates at turndown! Package includes:
A Real Maine Lobster Luxury Package includes:
- Overnight accommodations in any one of our AAA Four Diamond rated guest rooms appointed with king or queen sized custom beds; flat screen TVs with DVD players; fireplaces; complimentary WIFI; individually controlled air conditioners and en-suite private luxury baths with candles, fluffy robes and many with whirlpool tubs and all of the amenities offered to all guests of the inn like concierge services and complimentary homemade pie.
- Two tickets for Capt. Jack’s Lobster Adventure cruise and two “Got Lobstah” t-shirts to commemorate the day.
- Reservations for the tour of the working lobster pound.
- Lobster Bibs and Vouchers for whole lobster dinners for two people.
- Two lobster chocolates at turndown!
Not enough lobster for you?? Add on extra nights so that you will have time to eat more lobster. Ask your innkeeper to make reservations or give you directions to the local restaurants in town that serve up lobsters and lobster rolls and decide for yourself if you prefer soft or hard-shelled or mayonnaise in your lobster roll or not. Don’t forget to take pictures of your lobster fantasy day and post it to our Facebook page! One night packages for two people range from $250 to $410 and will vary based on the reservation date and specific room choice.
Package offered late May through mid-October Monday through Friday nights. Specific dates will be subject to the inn’s normal minimum night stay and cancellations policies. Limited availability during holiday and special event periods. Rates will vary based on reservation date and specific room choice. Applicable taxes not included in package price. Package must be booked in advance and cannot be combined with any other discounts or other promotional offers.