Summer is approaching and millions of travelers are planning a seaside escape after months of restrictions and compromises. The choices of where to go are endless. But if you want to experience the best of Maine in 2021, you need to head for Rockland, Maine.
Located in the heart of the mid-coast area, Rockland’s charm is evident wherever you wander. Lovely historic homes line the side streets. The harbor brims with boat activity from morning through night. And the opportunity for cultural activities and outdoor adventure happens to rank among the best in the region. And let’s not forget the food scene.
In fact, Rockland, Maine may be the quintessential destination for lovers of rocky coastline, sparkling water, and a main street lined with fun restaurants and great shopping. Fortunately, the Berry Manor Inn’s central location allows easy access to all there is to see and do in Rockland. And, because we love what we do and love to share the best of the best with our guests, we’ve put together a short list of some of our favorites.
Of course, this list is not exhaustive. But never fear, we’ve also provided links to some of our past blogs with even more ideas on what, where, when and how to enjoy the best of Maine in 2021.
Can’t Miss Places to Go
- Farnsworth Art Museum: With ever-changing exhibits featuring the best of the American art scene, spending a couple of hours at the Farnsworth Art Museum never disappoints.
- Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse: Get out and stretch your legs with a brisk walk to the Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse, which has been lighting the way for sailors since 1902.
- Maine Lighthouse Museum: Visit this awe-inspiring collection of nautical artifacts on the waterfront overlooking Penobscot Bay.
- More Restaurants from A to Z!
To Die for Places to Eat
- Primo: Taking farm-to-table up a notch, dining at Primo in Rockland is an absolute must for any serious foodie.
- In Good Company: You’ll be in fine company when you dine at In Good Company, a Rockland staple since 2004.
- Rustica: Chosen “best of the best” for many years running, dining at Rustica is like taking a mini-vacation to Italy. Buon Appetito!
- Food Lover’s Guide to Rockland, Maine.
Shop ‘til You Drop
- Archipelago: This unique shop and gallery showcases the finest of Maine’s arts and craft scene.
- Seagull Cottage: Featuring coastal décor and nautical treasures, you’ll be hard pressed to leave without a bag full of goodies.
- Bixby & Co.: It’s more than just exquisite chocolate confections that will lure you into Bixby & Co. Beer brittle, honey caramels, and blueberry jam bonbons will vie for your attention as well.
- Adding these 15 unique stores to your shopping itinerary!
Sweet Dreams are Made of This
Once all of your exploring, dining, and shopping adventures are over, relax in your comfortable and luxurious guest room at the Berry Manor Inn. Considered one of the area’s premiere luxury Maine coast inns, you’ll soon be rating it one of the best of Maine in 2021.