Shop Until You Drop… at the Unique Stores in Midcoast Maine
If you are looking for the best shopping in Maine, these aren’t your run of the mill stores. Get ready to shop ‘til you drop at these unique, odd, whimsical, and fun shops in midcoast Maine.
Located right here in Rockland:
- Archipelago- Island Institutes They pride themselves on having made in Maine gifts, art, and crafts including from the islands just of the coast.
- Having been voted best gift shop in Maine 10 years in a row, the Grasshopper Shop is a great place to stop in to find a special gift for someone back home.
- With a newly expanded shop, the friendly folks at FIORE Olive Oils and Vinegars now have even more flavored olive oils and vinegars to recommend to you.
- At Playing with Fire! Glassworks and Gallery you can always stop in to buy something, or you can sign up for a class and play with fire! to create your own glasswork.
- Curator is a hip resale store that has curated an excellent selection of men’s wear. You’ll think you’re in the Village in New York City.
- Just a few blocks north you’ll find another hip resale store called Daughters. They carry women’s wear.
- In addition to men’s and women’s clothing for resale, at C’est La Vie you can find things for the home.
Up the Road in Camden:
- Once a Tree is everything and anything you can think of made from wood. Unique and beautifully crafted items make for gifts that will become heirlooms.
- Glendarragh Lavender Shop is located on Main St. in Camden, but they also have a small lavender farm in Appleton.
- Smiling Cow opened in 1940 and is still providing souvenirs, trinkets, and t-shirts to remember your trip to Maine. Open spring, summer, fall. Check for hours.
Out and about midcoast Maine:
- Hussey’s General Store has it all! And we really mean it. Where else can you shop for a shotgun and a wedding dress all in the same place?
- At Elmer’s Barn of Junk and Dead Things you’ll find antique, vintage, odd, and unique gifts in what is a Maine mainstay of stores. Elmer may have recently passed on, but the family is set to keep the tradition going.
- Bryant Stove and Music has an eclectic collection in its shop. Look forward to seeing a large inventory of restored stoves, but they also have a doll circus, antique music devices, and antique cars. This is a great place for the young and the young at heart.
- Morse’s Sauerkraut has all those European food products you were delighted to hear had been finally imported to the states. Don’t miss their little restaurant for lunch. Pierogies, pickles, spaetzle, and all sorts of other Eastern European fare is on the menu.
- Maine State Prison Store is a unique and interesting shop you’ll be telling everyone about when you get back home. They have a large offering of high quality products hand crafted by men in the Maine State Prison.
With some of the best shopping in Maine, you will find exactly what you are shopping for and so much more in midcoast Maine.
Tags: shopping in maine