Fun Festivals in Rockland and Camden Maine
Attending any one of the fun festivals held annually in Rockland, Camden and nearby Rockport Maine is one of the best ways to truly get to know an area. Understanding the significance of each celebration brings you closer to appreciating the Maine lifestyle. Lobsters, lighthouses, and windjammers play an important role in in the history of the mid-coast area. Hence, it is not such a stretch to understand why they are celebrated so widely and with such gusto.
We welcome each new season at the Berry Manor Inn with arms wide open. As we close the door on winter, we know that spring brings us closer to the fun and funky summer fetes. And, when summer ends, fall follows with its own brand of festivities. With our heritage so closely tied to the sea, we treasure each and every opportunity to honor our roots. But when it comes to festivals, we celebrate anything and everything that brings us joy.
If you’re planning a visit to mid-coast Maine this year or next, you might want to consider timing your getaway to coincide with one of the annual festivals held in Rockland and Camden. Depending on when you can take some much-needed vacation time, here’s a roundup of some of our favorite festivities planned year-round.
And here’s the good news: Maine is open for business!
- Effective immediately: Residents of all 6 New England states (ME, CT, MA, RI, VT, NH) are exempt from Maine’s test or quarantine requirement. In addition, people who have either had COVID-19 or are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, regardless of state of origin, are now exempt from Maine’s test or quarantine requirement.
- Effective May 1st all states will be welcome to travel to Maine without test or quarantine!
So, visit us soon and enjoy one of our fun festivals!
Pies on Parade: Sample over 50 varieties of pie, from sweet to savory, in this annual festival held in “Pie Town USA” (as dubbed by the Food Network). January 28- 30, 2022
U.S. National Toboggan Championships: One of the more irreverent events, watch teams of 2-, 3-, and 4-members compete for bragging rights for the best times. February 11-13, 2022
Maine Maple Sunday: Always held the fourth Sunday in March, sugar shacks around the state open their doors for tours and tastings.
Jazz in June: Welcome summer with 3 days of music, food, and fun held at various venues throughout Camden.
- North Atlantic Blues Festival: Get your fill of live music featuring blues artists from around the country. Held at the Public Landing overlooking the harbor in Rockland. July 10 & 11, 2021
- Friendship Sloop Days: Friendship Sloop owners gather at the Rockland Breakwater for 2 days of races featuring the famous sloops named for the town in which they were originally designed. July 22-24, 2021
- Maine Lobster Festival: Feast on all things lobster and seafood at this much-loved event held at Rockland’s Harbor Park. August 4-8, 2021
- Union Fair and Maine Blueberry Festival: Food, games, carnival rides and more delight fair goers at this annual celebration of agriculture. August 21-28, 2021
Camden Windjammer Festival: Celebrate Camden’s seafaring heritage starring the hometown fleet. Live music, a boat parade and fireworks highlight this annual event. September 3-4, 2021
Festival of Lights: Welcome the holiday season when Santa arrives by sea to Rockland Harbor. Horse-drawn carriage rides, a Christmas tree auction, and an annual parade of lights highlight this festive event. November 26-28, 2021
Christmas by the Sea: Camden’s signature holiday event. Carolers stroll the streets of downtown. Highlights include the kickoff parade and the lighting of the Christmas tree in Harbor Park. It’s a weekend full of great holiday shopping and cheer. December 3-5, 2021
There’s no shortage of fun throughout the year in the mid-coast region of Rockland and Camden, Maine. Get out your calendars and start planning your spring, summer and fall getaways. Book your favorite room at our luxurious bed and breakfast, and you’ll be perfectly situated to enjoy all the fun festivals, no matter what season you choose to visit.